Privacy Statement – Products
About this statement
This Privacy Statement describes what information (“Personal Data”) Experian Credit Services Pte Ltd (“Experian”, “We” or “Us”) collects and how We will be using it while providing our products and/or services (“Services”) to you, including through the various websites operated by Experian that link to this Statement (“Websites”). It also describes how you can access and update your Personal Data.
By providing your Personal Data to Us, you are agreeing to the terms of this Privacy Statement and the processing of your Personal Data as detailed in this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to any third-party websites you may access from Our Websites. To determine how they deal with your Personal Data, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
Experian Credit Services Singapore Pte Ltd
Experian Credit Services Singapore Pte Ltd is part of Experian Group. The ultimate parent company of that group is Experian Plc, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN). For more information on the Experian Group, please visit the Group’s website at www.experianplc.com. Experian Group is the global leader in providing, data, analytical, marketing and credit services to organisations and consumers to help them manage the risk and reward in making every day commercial and financial decisions.
What kind of Personal Data do we collect?
The kind of Personal Data we collect depends on how you interact with Us and the Services that you subscribe to:
- Registration and your account set up related information – name, last 4 digits of identity card number, address, country of origin, telephone number, mobile number, email address, password.
- Information provided by you about yourself or third parties when purchasing our Services – identification number, passport number, name, address, date of birth.
Where the provision of Personal Data is necessary or mandatory in order for Us to provide you with our Services, and you fail to provide such data to us, we will be unable to provide you with respective Services.
In the event you provide Us with Personal Data relating to third parties, you confirm that you have obtained their consent or otherwise entitled under applicable laws to provide their Personal Data to Us and for Us to process it accordingly.
How do we collect Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data when you create an account on the Websites, log in to your account or otherwise interact with Us, purchase the Services using the Websites, participate in any activity on our Websites, subscribe to our publications or marketing materials. We also collect and use Personal Data from publicly available sources and from third parties subject always to all applicable laws and regulations on protection of Personal Data including Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
Why do we collect Personal Data and how do we use it?
We collect and use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate your use of Services and access to the Websites;
- To process your order(s) and purchase(s);
- To deliver services you choose to purchase;
- To administer and maintain your account;
- To ascertain your identity for fraud detection purposes;
- To provide customer support, respond to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- To deliver notices, updates, prizes and/or promotional materials to you;
- To conduct survey/analysis and client profiling activities;
- To maintain and update internal record keeping;
- To carry out market research;
- To detect and prevent crime (including but not limited to fraud, money laundering, bribery which takes subject to the relevant laws as well);
- To improve and enhance our Services;
- To meet any legal or regulatory requirements;
- To send you marketing or promotional materials by email, telecommunication means or social media about products, services and/or promotions offered by us and selected third parties that we think may interest you.
Who do we disclose Personal Data to?
To enable development and provision of the Services to you, We might need to disclose your Personal Data to:
- our agents, sub-contractors, service providers, suppliers or business partners;
- other members of Experian Group which may include Experian companies located in and outside of Singapore;
- payment channels including without limitation financial institutions for purpose of assessing, verifying, effectuating and facilitating payment of any amount due to Experian in connection with your acquisition of our Services.
We may be obliged to disclose Personal Data we hold to law enforcement agencies or any person as required by law or other legal order.
Disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties is always subject to complying with all laws and regulations applicable to Experian and third parties mentioned above. In circumstances where we disclose Personal Data, we generally retain control of that data. We can therefore ensure that the Personal Data we disclose is used only in accordance with this Privacy Statement and in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA and other applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Transfer of your Personal Information outside of Singapore
In instances where our third parties are located outside of Singapore, we may disclose and transfer your Personal Data outside of Singapore, but always ensuring to adhere to the local and foreign data protection laws.
How secure is your personal information?
As a global leader in the management of data, the Experian Group recognises and acknowledges the importance of keeping the Personal Data that it holds, secure and protected from unauthorised access. To do this, at a minimum Experian utilises industry standard security and encryption processes and technology and ensures that access to your Personal Data is only provided to those employees who need to have access in order to perform their role. These standards operate globally across the Experian Group so, if We disclose your Personal Data to any of our overseas affiliates, the same level of security will apply.
We may be obliged to disclose Personal Data we hold to law enforcement agencies. In such circumstances the use and security of that information is determined by the rules governing the relevant agency.
To ensure that We maintain the standards We have set for security and that We comply with our obligations in relation to the storage and handling of your Personal Data Experian requires all of its employees to complete regular training in relation to the handling of Personal Data and the application of our security policies. We will also regularly review this policy and assess our performance against it to ensure we are meeting and continue to meet our obligations under the PDPA.
How can you access or correct the Personal Data we hold?
You have the right to request for access to and correction of your Personal Data held by Experian and in this respect, you may request Experian to:
- provide you with (i) Personal Data about you that is in our possession or under our control and (ii) information about the ways in which such Personal Data has been or may have been used or disclosed by Us within a year before the date of your request;
- correct an error or omission in your Personal data that is in Our possession or under Our control.
There are certain circumstances permitted under the PDPA in which we may decline to permit access to the Personal Data we hold, or we may decline to apply a correction to that Personal Data which you have requested. In such circumstances, we will notify you that a request for access or correction has been denied.
Generally, we are happy to provide details of the Personal Data we hold free of charge. However, to the extent permissible under law, we reserve the right to charge a nominal fee commensurate with our costs of extraction and collation of information where significant work is involved. We will require you to adequately identify yourself when requesting a copy of your Personal Data.
How can you complain about our use of Personal Data?
Where you feel the information we have provided to you may not be accurate or you have a dispute regarding Personal Data we hold, you may contact our customer services at email@example.com in order for Us to investigate the matter further.
Alternatively, you may write to:
The Data Protection Officer
Experian Credit Services Singapore Pte. Ltd.
10 Kallang Avenue #05-18
Aperia Tower 2
In general, we aim to respond to all complaints promptly and in any event in less than 30 days. We aim to act promptly and reasonably in resolving any complaints. There are some circumstances, for example, where the matter is complex, or the resolution relates to a product with a long update cycle, where we may require additional time to resolve an issue or to implement a correction.
Upon conclusion of our investigation and if you are still dissatisfied with our outcome, you have the right to refer the matter to:
Personal Data Protection Commission
10 Pasir Panjang Road
#03-01 Mapletree Business City
Phone: +65 6377 3131
Fax: +65 6577 3888
Cookies may be used by Us to provide you with customised information from our Websites. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our Websites. Cookies may also allow us to make our website more user friendly by, for example, allowing us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time to visit our websites.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supersede any and all previous versions. You are encouraged to check our Websites periodically for our most up-to-date Privacy Statement (as indicated by the date of the update set out at the bottom of this Privacy Statement).